dee *square

Sunday, March 20, 2005

2 clubs in 1 night....

THURSDAY 17 MARCH 2005
Bad hair day

Ok, I have been wanting to blog for some time now but have no time and patience to do so… for some reason, I have been feeling so tired for no reason. Ok, I mean, after my gym I will feel tired, and I went to bed at 11pm on Tuesday. The next morning, my mum even asked me why I went to bed so early! Then she asked, “wah, you go to gym so often nowadays ah, the instructor very handsome is it??”

Mothers are so adorable sometimes.

Right now, I am at work waiting for my 2 bosses to sashay in as I have finished my work… nearly killed my female boss yesterday when she was talking to meow at the table where the granite samples were. So I was packing all the approved samples into a box [my office is like a Bermuda triangle, once they enter the bosses’ room, they disappear!] and I pulled the 3 100x100mm samples towards me [boss on my right, meow on her right] but I didn’t realize that one of the samples was dangling dangerously by the edge of the table and before I knew it, the sample went flying down to the floor! And it landed 2 inches away from my boss’ foot!! *gasp!* thank god nothing dangerous really happened…

Met bunny for my weekly dose of entertainment and once again I was not disappointed. The moment she entered the video ezy @ river valley, she literally “hopped” to me and giggled like…. I dunno.. a bunny?? We spent quite some time deciding which movie to rent, and finally decided on “chasing liberty”, a movie with mandy moore. I thought it was a very “deep” title, but it turned out to be the cheesiest meaning : - Mandy’s character in the show is Liberty, and basically the show is about her being the president’s daughter and how she is dying for her freedom. Then of course she falls in love, so I think that’s how the title came about. Ugh… bunny and I could not continue watching the show and abandoned it halfway with bunny throwing her arms up in the air, “I can’t really be bothered where she goes after this!” [mandy was supposed to be on the train to berlin, but ended up on the wrong train]

Switches tv off.

Bunny hops to my room where she declared, “I wanna paint my nails!!”

So typical. Anyway, I pull out my humongous drawer of nail polishes and she chose the nude shade and I painted the white French tip for her. Which she ruined after going to the toilet….. haiz…

Went online and was in a super crappy mood [crappy as in, felt like talking crap mood crappy and not crappy as in lousy mood crappy] ok enough of the crap…. And had a rather hilarious msn conversation with gazerette, ah zai, married man and cmi [who disappeared for the whole conversation and only appeared when I wanted to log off]. Gaz wanted us to go see his “mr bedok” friend and some hot guy at the manhunt thingy @ this bar called “happy”. Which happens to be a gay bar and it went through a 2 million $$ renovation… job hazard so I agree to go if ah zai goes.


FRIDAY 18 MARCH 2005
Feeling extremely tired and burned out

Was wondering how I was going to go for the manhunt thingy at night as I was super tired in the morning and afternoon. Could not sleep the night before despite feeling tired. Even tried to sleep in the opposite direction but it didn’t help. Anyway, bosses were smoking like a chimmey in the office and I nearly died from sneezing, blowing my nose and a headache. [i think it was an allergic reaction] Was so relieved when I was out of the office for fresh air…

By afternoon I was feeling a little better, so I confirm plans with gaz about tonight. Apparently, it costs $25 for the cover charge to happy!! Called cmi to come down to watch the guys strut their stuff at the club, he wasn’t very keen at first but decided to come down anyway since he said he wanted to see us… awwwwwwww……..

Went to ah zai’s office @ arab street and hung out there and vandalized their office’s white board with my signature cat logo with “this is my cat. Dee~”. Wonder if it’s still there…. Waited there till ah zai was done with some work and timed our departure from the office at the same time as gaz’s. here was how my conversation with gaz turned out,


Gaz : go to mox [which I heard as mosque!] first before going to see riesal le….

Me : what?! Go to mosque??? You never go for your Friday prayer’s right??

Gaz : err… actually ya, I didn’t…


Met hisham aka the sarcastic guy [I dunno what code name to call him lar…] at bugis where we proceeded to take a bus down to Chinatown, where ah zai crashed big time into me when I stopped suddenly to look at the bus guide at the bus stop. So we took the bus to where else? Maxwell market. AGAIN. Everytime we meet gaz, sure go to Maxwell to eat one. Actually, I think he only likes the ambience there more than anything else, cause the food there at night is really lousy. Lol. Ok, so maybe I am fussy.

Waited for gaz to arrive after the 3 of us have finished our dinner and for someone who said he was not hungry and forgot about dinner, he managed to eat 4 pratas in record time. Haha… so we went to mox shortly after that, where I found out that it was the bar that chinki and I walked past when we watched “bent” together. I absolutely loveeee the retro furniture and the ambience there [though it’s a gay bar] and the best part……… it was smoke free!!!! Yeesss! I sooo support the anti-smoke campaign… yesyesyesyeysyesyes… gaz initially chose a sofa where it seemed very uncomfortable so we changed to the giant L-shaped sofa right beside the stage. Gaz was a little more quiet than usual [think he was people watching] while the 3 of us, ah zai, sarcastic guy and me were laughing loudly and making a big fool of ourselves. Laughing and bitching about everything. Think we got high even before drinking our super sweet mocktails…

CMI arrived after a while and we told him that we were all now P.O.S. a new term that ah zai came up with suddenly when we got off the bus at Maxwell. It was derived from Piece of Shit, but it turned into Prisoner of Shushen. . _ .

Mum is watching some programme on tv now where they showed this baby that looks like the size of a newborn kitten. Now she cant stop commenting and squirming. And she said that my brother and I were such huge babies that we looked like 2 months old when we first came out!! Aiyoh….

Anyway, apparently gaz’s friend who was performing [or rather his jazz band] was not bad at all, and the funny thing was, his friend was the guitarist of the band and he looked 92% like bunny’s drew!! Which was freaky cause I thought he was playing some other instruments and when I found out that he plays the guitar, I nearly fell off the sofa. Ok lar, not bad looking and funky bunky is more on the “cute boy” side. Lol.

We had some free drinks for some reason [I really dunno why!] and gaz’s cranberry flavoured drink tasted like cough mixure. My green colour [apple flavoured] one tasted LAGI more like cough mixture. Eeee… so I quickly got the rest to finish it. Heehee..

We went downstairs to the 2million dollar renovation club and found out that I was the only one who needed to pay to get in! cause nsmen get in free. Bah! But anyway, I paid $15 only as compared to the earlier $25 that gaz told me…. It was really nice but a bit dark [I dun have very good eyesight u know even with my specs on] and the toilet was free for all!! If you know what I mean.. wahhahaa.

Watched mr bedok strut his stuff on stage [or rather the dancefloor] but he was not smiling at all! To the point that I could not recognize him!! Haha… and saw the guy that gaz keeps swooning over.. ok lar, not bad. And he definitely looks better in person. On photos look so…. Boy boy one. Very boyband material. Anyway, after that, the rest of them jumped into the dance floor and tried to drag me into it! I slipped away from them like a slippery snake and quickly escaped to the toilet. When I came out to look at them, mr bedok tried to drag me in this time! I think I was quite a scene cause I think quite a lot of people were looking at me. But I ran away once again and out of the club this time. Walked to Maxwell and chatted on the phone for a while before Susie hoe calls. He was hungry so he went to 7-11 to grab a sandwich and we went to check out the design for the scarlet hotel. Really unique stuff as compared to the usual designs in Singapore. It stands out like that beautiful gothic looking building at bugis. I want my office to be there!

Was feeling really tired by then, so I jumped into a cab and smelt like a walking ciggie…. Haha..

Oh. David Sedaris is soooooo funny! and sarcastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home