dee *square

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Lazy Sunday

Saturday 12 March 2005
Once again, I had a 4 hour sleeping marathon in the afternoon… was held back at work till about 2.30pm and though I was so hungry for lunch, I was also feeling really tired out so I just took a cab home and cemented myself to my bed for the next 4 hours. Managed to message J and Ah Zai to ask if they wanted to catch a movie. J didn’t reply which was weird cause she usually does, but anyway, Ah Zai calls and I managed to crawl out of bed to get ready. But not before falling asleep again. When I do manage to get out of my bed, I went to check my mum’s computer to check for the iLife program which Ah Zai said should come with the mac mini.

Being a mac idiot, I could not find the iLife anywhere in the computer and after whining to him over the phone that I could not find it, he decides to come over to check it out. Good idea. His kind clients dropped him off at my place and I showed him the beautiful chandelier that my mum gushes about……… swarovski crystals ok…… I think anyway. So he later realizes that the iLife installer cd is supposed to come with our mac mini but both my mum and I just could not find it. So he checks our comp and its not the updated versions. Bummer.

Took a bus to Far East and ate a boring dinner at Hans but chatted quite a bit about crushes and e.bs and I told him some rather embarrassing secrets [but not that secret also lar. Lol!] to Ah Zai and I’m sure he was pretty entertained by it. Oh well. We were supposed to go to the Apple center at Wheelock Place to ask about the iLife disk but by the time I we finished yakking, it was already 10pm.

One of the topics discussed at Hans was, is there really a perfect other half? As in, I said that my friend has a perfect other half now, no problems in the relationship, and that person is perfect and they don’t quarrel! And to me, this seems kind of weird cause I never imagined such a person or such a relationship. So I asked Ah Zai whether such people do exist and he said yeah there are people who are like that. Hmm… I dunno. I guess im too cynical about certain things nowadays and I would think something is wrong if such a situation happens.

Walked to Taka to drop off his books at the library, then went downstairs to the LV boutique where I could not stop bitching about the ugly LV monogram and especially the new cherry design bags. Ugh…. Then we came up with a slogan for CC [it was inspired after we walked past Chanel] and that kept us entertained for a while.

Cineleisure seemed to be only showing the movies that I have watched already so I checked for GV’s screenings through my handphone and apparently they were still showing Constantine! Which I thought had been conveniently stopped cause it seemed so long ago when it came out. So I told ah zai, “Aiyah, sure must be at some ulu place one. Cause its such an old show.” Oh behold, it turns out that it was showing at Plaza Sing at midnight. So we tried to find an AXS Station to book the tickets but for some reason, we just could not find one anywhere. I though Hereen would have but I was wrong. So I convinced him to take a bus to Plaza, and at the bus stop, he met his friend. Apparently, when I’m with my friend, and my friend meets someone else he/she knows, I will automatically disappear until they are done with their conversations. I also dunno why. Hahaa…

So we managed to get to Plaza Sing and our tickets, but it was the 4th row from the screen. After that, it was a series of unfortunate events for both of us. Actually, not unfortunate lar. More like, irritating. Hahhaa! Anyway, Ah zai wanted to show me the shop that Metaphysics’ had completed and apparently, the shop is called “The Maternity House” but I thought it was called “Mums and Babes”. So we had a hard time figuring out which floor it was on, then when he remembered that it was on the 4th floor, I pointed to “Mum’s and Babes” and asked Ah Zai, is that the one? He nods his head and say “Yes that is the one.” But actually it was not!! Because when we got down to the 4th floor [we were on the 5th] and I stood outside the shop, he asked me,

Ah Zai : Why are you looking into the Mums and Babes shop??
Me : isn’t this the shop?? [peers into the dark shop]
Ah Zai : No lor!! I didn’t say that it was this one! Its called the Maternity House!
Me : What?!!! But I pointed to this shop and I even asked you whether it was Mum’s and Babes and you said yes!

By then, Ah Zai starts running away and laughing frantically and I gave chase and attempted to whack him with my brown retro print bag. I then felt thirsty so I went down to Macs and instead of getting a drink I decided on the ice cream… yuuumm… ordered the cone version, but the sotong looking guy over the Macs counter gave me the cheaper cone [u know, the 50cents cone??] and I was so sad… cause I wanted the other one. Sat at the granite benches outside and watched a cockroach run towards my legs… eeeeeww..

For some reason, when we entered the theatre, Ah zai commented that the place smelt like a group of smelly army guys who just came in to get some air conditioning. As usual, I always have a nose block, so I could not really smell it. But when we sat down, I smelt the nachos that the guy beside Ah Zai was eating and I thought that was more smelly! The seats were surprisingly not bad and it was not too near the screen. But the stupid guy beside me, kept knocking his left leg into mine throughout the whole movie. So irritating lor! And as for Ah Zai, he could not hear too much of the dialogue [especially the important parts!] cause the guy beside him was too noisy, eating the nachos!

After the movie, walked with zai to the Somerset bus stop and the moment he turned to go to the bus stop, I had to walk down this pathway that had a lot of trees by the pavement… Then I felt like some bug or cockroach fell onto my arms and I kept making these swiping motions on my arms cause I was so affected by the movie! [there were a lot of bugs in the show lar]

Oh ya, and Ah zai said something about me having a salty mouth… or rather he thought that I had a salty mouth. ??!! [please don’t let your imagination run wild] Apparently, salty mouth is a direct translation of some malay saying that means that whatever bad things you say will come true. But now, I can’t remember what I said. Darn.

Sunday – today
Wanted to go downstairs to the pool area to get a tan for my arms… cause there is an ugly tan mark at the “short sleeve” mark and its really ugly…. But it was so hot and I was feeling so lazy that I just watched tv for half the afternoon… I’m such a bum! Wahahahhaa…

Oh, and I found out that vadai [that Indian snack with a prawn fried with some flour like thing and you eat it with the giant green chilli] is actually pronounced va-dei, and not wa-dei…… no guesses where I got my sources from….. : D

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger lil' said...

andrew say one!
you go quarrel with him.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger dee said...

ok!! i will... i got back up you know. wahahhaa... i think i shall call him wa-dei from now one.. andrew i mean.

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo | nic teo |

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger dee said...

thanks for the vandalism!! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home