dee *square

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

high on longans...

went to one of the photo printing shops at lucky plaza this evening while awaiting the arrival of the iad gang... decided not to walk to my usual far east plaza photo shop as i was shopping in paragon until 8 plus, so i thought that the shop at far east would be closed.

So here was what happened :

Me : Excuse me, how much would it be to print digital photos?

Uncle : 40cents.

Me : For 4R Size??

Uncle : Yes yes...

So in the end, this other younger guy attends to me and helped me print my photos. This was the start of my nightmare... First, he started to adjust my photos... as in the brightness... so i managed to stop him on time. Apparently, how he prints the photos is like... 6 photos in a set when he clicks the "print" option. So when he is on the second page, i said, i wanted white borders. And he replied in a rather rude and can't be bothered tone that he had sent the first set for printing already. So i start putting on a black face because i was really upset as i wanted the white border. But i didnt say anything and told him to continue. When the whole set was printed out, i noticed that the photos were matt and not glossy.

Me : Are these matt or glossy?

Young guy : [in a sheepish tone] Oh, er thats matt.

M : [feeling cheesed off] Is there a price difference in your matt or glossy finish?

YG : Er... no. they are the same price.

So. i took a deep breath and just bit my lip. I have been told that my temper has been a tad too short lately so i didn't want to start something then. Looked through the photos quietly. Besides, i didn't tell him at the start that i wanted glossy or white borders either.

I had also mentioned to him that i want to print a certain photo to 2 pcs of wallet sized. but i wanted 2 no.s of that photo that is wallet sized, but what i didnt know was that the wallet sized photos came in a standard of 2 of the photos in the same sheet for $2. so this guy sends 2 PAGES of the photo and ends up with 2 PAGES = 4 no.s of the same photo.

Me : You didn't tell me that your wallet prints came in 2 no.s of the photos. so when i said i wanted 2 no.s of the photos, i meant as in one page. but you didn't tell me and now you have printed 2 pages!!

YG : [in an irritated tone] Ok lar! i charge u for one piece only ok???

Me looking SUPER BIG TIME CHESSED OFF.....

So i ask him for the total. he mumbles something about giving me a discount because of the wallet prints mistake. [wow, i think to myself] So i start taking out a $10 note.

Total : $17.80

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me : One print is 40 cents right??! How come it is $17.80??!

YG : Ya, it is 40 cents per print, and the wallet sized photo is $2 and there is [pushes some stuff blocking this note pasted on the glass table beside me] a $5 charge for "OPENING OF FILES".

I was speechless. I was so angry that i thought i was going to feel smoke coming out of my ears. All i told myself in my head was to just grab the photos and walk away and to never ever ever ever step into this shop in my entire life.

I slammed the other $10 note from my wallet onto the table and waited impatiently for my change. the guy sensed my anger but he seems totally oblivious as to why i was angry. which made me even more angry. and feel like doing my body combat moves on him. the new ones that julian taught yesterday. but i didnt. instead, I stomped off to far east plaza and sat at the bus stop and quickly took out my ipod and switched to suede's coming up album. had to calm myself down and just stared into space until miffy appeared beside me. As i ranted to her about what happened, we bought curry puffs from Old Chang Kee and since i was so angry, i totally lost my appetite and could only manage to eat less than half of the curry puff. And it was quite hot also lar.

Patrick and the IAD gang appeared with the van and i rushed to open the van's door, totally oblivious to the Kia car waiting in front of the van. It was only after i saw Patrick and Liting pointing frantically at the car in front that i realised that it was the class's ah beng driving. So miffy and i hopped to the back seat of the car. He seemed upset that nobody wanted to sit in front with him.....haha. And while directing him to Zion road food centre, i told him to turn right at this junction but we totally didn't realise that it was a red light and he turned! and nearly knocked into this woman crossing the road! It was only then that he said that he had accumulated 12 points already and he could not afford to get any more.... opps.

So, since i spent my last $20 of the month on the lousy photos, miffy had to pay for my dinner. So super pai seh.... She helped me order my cheng teng but was sweet enough to get me the iced one cause she said i needed to cool down. hahaha.... then ah zai tried to feed the stray cat his fish balls. erm... ok. when ah zai arrived with his bowl of floating fish balls and soup, i was shocked and thought that he was on a diet! Then he dipped his chopsticks in and out came these glass noodles..... oooooooooohhhh... so sua koo....

As i repeated my exciting story to the rest, i suddenly lost my appetite and could not eat anymore! So i just stuffed myself with the wantons and veggies from my wanton mee.... Liting was so shocked that i didn't finish eating my food. Guess when im really angry, i lose all my appetite. Well, all i can say is, Tried and tested. Lol.

Patrick had a papaya milk drink that was a really weird shade of orange..... like that of a.... an artificial honeydew drink. And Liting had a honeydew juice that was a shade of a lime or starfruit juice! Though patrick thought that it looked like sugar cane....

After our food, we sat and yakked about people and laughed till i nearly fell off the chair and i could feel everybody in the food centre staring at us because we were laughing so loudly. That is what i like being with the IAD gang. you can get high without any alcohol. well, maybe on longans cause that was what almost everyone ate except me. I can get high on even plain water.

So, the kind patrick sent me home and dropped the rest home.... After the horrible photo printing ordeal, i only have one conclusion.

An angry girl is a stupid girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home