dee *square

Sunday, August 27, 2006

What a week....

I suddenly fell ill on Tuesday night in the office and i was shivering non stop... even when i went downstairs to "thaw" off, i was still shivering. By the time i stumbled into the cab home, i was barely alive. my fever just took over all my nerves and whatever sense was left in me. The moment i reached home, i plonked myself onto the bed and i could barely move.... even to the toilet. It still is amazing to me on how i managed to sleep in my long pants and super thick fake puma jacket, and still have my blanket covering me without my fan on........ and i was still feeling cold!!

When i woke up the next morning, i was still half alive. So i managed to crawl to the doctor and practically plaster myself onto the high counter top (the nurse looked at me and knew that i was half dead) but i found out that this doctor was not in the new medical scheme that our company recently changed to!! So i had to crawl over to the opposite road to see another doc. But i could not find the doctor that was in the list, so i just decided to settle for my usual doc and pay the full fare anyway.

Mum insisted on getting me fishball kway teow soup despite me saying no 10x or more. Had 4 gulps of it only (it tasted strangely super salty and i couldnt take it) and crashed on the sofa while in my thick jacket again and long pants....again!! in the living room without the fan on!! Obviously i woke up drenched in my own prespiration but instantly felt better. I thought my brain was fried and nearly lost all my senses. The power of a high fever..... I never understood why i can just never think straight with a fever when others seem to still be able to breeze through their work and walk properly with one.... is it me....... or them??

Anyway, slept through the whole day and obviously i could not really sleep at night... On Friday night, went to get my neck massaged @ Chinatown with the smelly oil because my neck was un-bearingly painful the whole day. I had to turn my whole body instead of just my neck and i felt grumpy and irritatable the whole day. 3D Goddess and I decided to hang out at Whatever and read bimbo books like some Feng Shui book for the house. Ok. the title wasnt exactly bimbo but the infamous quotes from the book went something like this....

"If there is a ghost in the house, ask for its name. If it doesnt say, ask it to leave." ---- ???!!!!! Whathe.......

"If you spill or drop something on the floor, do not feel upset about it. Instead, lie next to it". - 3D Goddess asked, "how long must we lie on the floor huh??"

Both of us nearly peng san-ed on the floor when we read that particular book. Got chased out of the place at 10.30 as they were closing, so we headed to pick Shush and went back to his place to play with cutie Cowan!! Cowan is quite a cutie except that he thinks he is a Jack Russell and jumps and bites non stop...... Really having lots of second thoughts on getting a dog for my mum!!

Anyway, shall try to get back to sleep..... its 4.20am now. Woke up after a bad dream and couldnt go back to sleep.... blehz. And its a Monday morning now. Hope i dun look like a zombie at work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home